I am a fifth year PhD student in the Computer Science department at UT Austin. My research interests include distributional semantics, grounded word meaning, textual inference and general natural language processing. My advisors are Katrin Erk and Ray Mooney.
I'm most easily reached via my email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
My scholarly publications appear below in reverse chronological order.
- Stephen Roller, Katrin Erk, Gemma Boleda. Inclusive yet Selective: Supervised distributional hypernymy detection. COLING 2014.
- Islam Beltagy, Stephen Roller, Gemma Boleda, Katrin Erk, Raymond Mooney. UTexas: Natural Language Semantics using Distributional Semantics and Probabilistic Logic. Semeval 2014.
- Stephen Roller, Sabine Schulte im Walde. Feature Norms of German Noun Compounds. Multiword Expression Workshop of EACL 2014.
- Stephen Roller and Sabine Schulte im Walde. A Multimodal LDA Model integrating Textual, Cognitive and Visual Modalities. EMNLP 2013.
- Stephen Roller, Sabine Schulte im Walde and Silke Scheible. The (Un)expected Effects of Applying Standard Cleansing Models to Human Ratings on Compositionality. Multiword Expression Workshop of NAACL 2013.
- Sabine Schulte im Walde, Stefan Müller and Stephen Roller. Exploring Vector Space Models to Predict the Compositionality of German Noun-Noun Compounds. Starsem 2013.
- Stephen Roller, Mike Speriousu, Sarat Rallapalli, Ben Wing and Jason Baldridge. Supervised Text-based Geolocation Using Language Models on an Adaptive Grid. EMNLP 2012.
- Mike Dominguez, R Michael Young and Stephen Roller. Design and Evaluation of Afterthought, A System that Automatically Creates Highlight Cinematics for 3D Games. AIIDE 2011.
- Mike Dominguez, R Michael Young and Stephen Roller. Automatic Identification and Generation of Highlight Cinematics for 3D games. FDG 2011.